Friday, March 27, 2009

Today's Baking


I am so excited to be starting a recipe blog! I love baking and always enjoy sharing my goodies that I bake with friends and family.

Today I made two different kinds of cookies and a hot fudge ice cream topping. We are going to a family cook-out tonight and I love to bring something, so I decided to make plenty!

I made the chocolate chip cookies that everyone loves! Aaaah!!!!
Then, I made my brother-in-law's favorite~oatmeal cookies.
Lastly, I make from scratch, a yummy chocolate fudge sauce for topping the homemade ice cream that my mother-in-love is making. I'm sure all will be enjoyed and consumed very quickly tonight!

And now: ~my cookies~



My Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter flavored Cristco
2 eggs (egg whites/ egg beaters can be used as healthy substitute)

2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

2 cups chocolate chips

Cream 1st four ingredients, then add next four ingredients. After thoroughly mixed, add chocolate chips. *Also can add chopped nuts, if desired. Roll into balls approx. the size of a lime. Place on cookie sheet and place in oven, preheated to 350F for approx. 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and let sit on tray for 1 to 2 minutes to set up, before moving to wax paper, or cooling rack.

~Enjoy~

2 comments:

Amanda Jacobs said...

Hi Megan!! I dont think we know eachother but I do know your hubby, he used to live in phx where i'm from ANYWAYS.... I LOVED your Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! I tried them out and they were AWESOME!!! Mine ALWAYS FALL FLAT but for some reason these one's DIDNT :) THANKS so much love your blog!!
Amanda Jacobs

Megan said...

Hi! I'm glad your cookies were a success!!! I love cookies and these are my favorite. I will be adding more cookie recipes soon!

Check Back!!!

Megan